Asset integrity management is highly dependent on having accurate, consistent and current asset data. In the asset intensive oil and gas industries, the lack of a trustworthy asset data leads to increased facility downtime, increased equipment risk, operational problems and most importantly safety risks to personnel.
To ensure a successful and sustainable outcome of our asset integrity consulting engagements we deliver:
- Process - Best practice work processes that facilitate repeatable behavior in line with an enhanced safety and performance culture crucial to becoming an effective, compliant and reliable operation.
- People - Measureable human performance improvement because while measuring the performance of an asset integrity management program delivers significant value, ensuring the performance improvement of your people sustains and continually improves that value over time.
- Technology - Some very good technologies have been around for years that can integrate the data required for a best practice asset integrity management program. But many owner operators are frustrated with the time frame to achieve expected value from these technologies. And without aligning the three key elements of asset integrity management, to wit, people, processes and technologies, the value delivered will not be the value sustained.
Time to value - AOC consultants have been delivering significant, measurable and sustained value for asset integrity management programs for well over twenty-five years. Of the three key elements, technology is the most time consuming, representing over 50% of the costs for an asset integrity management project. In our never ending search for excellence, we have partnered with Intergraph to utilize their technology, Fusion, to dramatically improve our time to value when delivering sustainable asset integrity management programs. Therefore the following presentation will discuss how Fusion allows our engineers to more quickly and efficiently extract accurate and current, critical equipment and piping data whether electronic or paper based that can readily migrated into the plethora of technologies such as GE APM (formerly Meridium), PCMS, APIRBI, SAP PM, Ultrapipe, Capstone RBMI, ACET, Credo, GE APM (Meridium) or Capstone RBMI, as well as facilitating and expediting reconciling piping circuits, line number, and TML information from a variety of data sources, including isometric drawings, circuitized P&IDs, IDMS, EDMS and RBI databases. No one remembers a major engagement that takes more than a year to deliver the promised value. Fusion brings us yet another step closer lowering barriers to success and raising the bar on reliability
- AOC consultants wrote the base resource document that became API 580, the industry standard for risk based inspection (RBI)
- We are ex founders of Capstone Software and Engineering Services having developed RBI software and delivered hundreds of RBI projects
- We are GE APM (Meridium) consultants
- Today we are delivering asset integrity management solutions to the asset intensive process industries globally
- Fusion allows our engineers to more quickly and efficiently extract accurate and current data and convert this data to knowledge
This was presented at the Intergraph PP&M USA User Conference, on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at Marriott Westchase in Houston, Texas.